Nutrients For Your Skin
- Vitamin C helps produce collagen, the substance that gives skin some of its elasticity. Citrus fruits, green peppers, and tomatoes are high in Vitamin C.
- Vitamin E, and antioxidant, helps to counter the effects of pollution and ultraviolet rays. Among foods high in vitamin E are wheat germ, whole grain breads, oatmeal, and vegetable oils.
- Beta-caroten is also an antixoxidant. It is found in various fruits and vegetables, including carrots and broccoli. You may also want to take a multivitamin supplement containing beta-carotene.
- Drink 8 glasses of fluids a day to make sure your skin is getting enough moisture from within. Besides plain water, you can meet this quota with mineral water, seltzer, diluted fruit juices, herb teas, decaffeinated tea and coffee, and artificially sweetened beverages.
- Drinks containing alcohol, caffeine, sugar, and salt, on the other hand, are dehydrating.
Back to Articles